Here at BYOkids we have dedicated travel and cruise teams that can arrange your family holiday anywhere within Australia or the world.Find Out More
When you're planning your dream holiday, you want the help of the experts, don't you? Well, you're in luck. We've gathered together the pick of Australia's holiday specialists to help you plan and enjoy the holiday you deserve.Find Out More
Love this? Why not let your friends know. Share this page today!
In the words of the legendary Frank Sinatra, “I love Paris in the springtime, I love Paris in the fall, I love Paris in the winter….” Paris is a city with plenty to offer whatever the weather…. but there is no doubt that in winter-time Paris becomes a real wonderland especially for the kids.
The experts from leading French tour company Paris On The Way have put together a list of the top five fun-filled activities for Aussie kids coming to Paris this winter. So pull on your woollies, wrap up snug and enjoy:
1. The Champs-Elysées Christmas Village – 160 authentic chalets (made in Vosges) line the Champs-Elysées, with a giant Ferris Wheel in Place de la Concorde and a charming ice rink. Kids can also enjoy a real festive treat at the Christmas grotto-esque markets – the twinkling fairy lights create a magical ambience.
2. Explore and keep warm in the world’s best museums – Paris On The Way offers France’s best educational ‘scavenger hunts’ in the Musée d’Orsay and the Louvre. Each hunt comes complete with an enthralling workbook for the kids which helps them to learn as they have fun discovering Parisian treasures.
3. Parisian department store Christmas windows – Paris On The Way recommends Printemps (64 Boulevard Haussman, 75009), Galeries Lafayette (40 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009), Bon Marché Rive Gauche (24 rue de Sevres, 75007) and BHV Marais (52 rue de Rivoli, 75004).
4. Go swimming – yes, even in winter! Check out the huge water resort called the AquaBoulevard (4-6 rue Louis Armand, 75015 Paris). It’s the biggest urban water park in Europe with eleven giant water slides, lazy rivers, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, thousands of metres of beach and much more!
5. Explore Montmartre – rug up and take the kids to Village de Noël de Montmartre – In front of Sacré Cœur Basilica: 10am-8:30pm (Monday-Friday, December through to early January), 10am-8pm (Saturday and Sunday).
It is worth remembering too that Paris is actually quite unusual in that it doesn’t close down at Christmas. You can still use public transport on Christmas Day as well as eat in many of the restaurants, got to cafes, the movies and there are even some key attractions that remain open – such as museums.
Paris On the Way delivers the best guided activities for Aussie families visiting Paris this Christmas. Not your typical tour guide company, Paris On The Way is fully endorsed by the French Ministry for Culture, and delivers tours that are heart-felt, memorable and bespoke…combining French savoir faire with true joie de vivre.
You might also like:
Bundle up your kids in the backseat and head for the Spirit of Tasmania. That means the fun begins before you even roll onto the island. Think stretch...
BAMBINI WANTED IN ITALY!!!! Things to do with kids in and around Anguillara Sabazia (Rome). I can’t keep this secret to myself any longer! So let me s...
Join our newsletter for exciting news and updates.